Here’s a warm winter treat you can enjoy and not feel guilty about. Gluten and refined sugar-free (vegan optional) this is a great option for you if you’re still trying to reduce your sugar load from the holidays. Also a great idea for dessert, late afternoon snack or sharing with co-workers on treat day.
If you think you might have difficulty with gluten (which most of us do!) and are experiencing a lot of digestive distress, inflammation, chronic fatigue, even arthritis, or PMS I highly recommend checking out my article on gluten intolerance and why you might be suffering from it.
In the meantime, enjoy this delicious recipe!
Banana Walnut Bread
- 3 cups brown rice flour (add as needed to achieve “denser” consistancy)
- 2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3-4 bananas, sliced into pieces
- 3 large organic eggs or
*You can use ¼ cup fresh ground flax or chia seeds for vegan option
- Use a beater or fork to mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the mix into a greased 11 x 7 x 2 baking dish and bake at 350F for about 35-45 minutes. *If you are using an egg substitute, bake 10-15 minutes longer. Makes 8 servings.
Serves: 8 • Prep Time: 5 minutes • Cooking Time: 35-50 minutes