Happy deliciously sweet Friday Nutrition Junkies! Got a memo from my good friend Jessica Rando, owner at NuMe Fitness and it turns out it’s on like Donkey Kong! Myself and uMe Fitness are putting on an event you won’t want to miss! We’re talking how to tame those crazy sexy hormones. We’re talking why you can’t seem to lose those last 5 pounds and we’re even talking poop! I’m laying it ALL on the table! Not the poop of course! But all the goodies and secrets you need to know on how to NOURISH, LOVE & LIVE yours BEST health!
This is a 6-part workshop series that will be held over the course of 3 months and can be registered for individually or all together for a discounted price. I’m also giving away 5 FREE tickets to our first event November 19: Nutrition 101: Understanding the Basics of Carbs, Fats & Proteins to the first 5 lucky individuals who email me to register: email@example.com
So what are you waiting for? Put down that snickers already and get ready to live you BEST health ever!!!
Registration & Details: http://www.numefitness.com/seminars.html
In the meantime… warm up with some delicious quinoa breakfast porridge & have the BEST weekend ever nutrition lovers!
COCONUT GOJI QUINOA PORRIDGE
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ cup mixed chopped nuts and seeds (sunflower, walnut, pumpkin, almond)
- 2 Tbsp goji berries
- 4 Tbsp organic shredded coconut
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Raw honey or maple syrup to taste
1. Rinse quinoa 5-6 times to remove sapones and drain water. Bring 1 cup water to boil and add rinsed quinoa. Cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat or until light and fluffy.
2. While quinoa is cooking up chop nuts & seeds and place on an oven tray, baking for 3-5 minutes at 350°F or until toasty brown. *Watch carefully as the nuts can burn easily.
3. Add nuts and remainder of ingredients to quinoa and mix together.
4. Drizzle raw honey or maple syrup and extra cinnamon to taste, a pinch of sea salt and voila! Warm up your cold November rainy day!
Serves: 1 • Prep Time: 3-5 minutes • Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes