Who doesn’t love a little gravy goodness on their thanksgiving feast? Here’s a recipe that won’t leave your tummy doubled over in pain and wishing you had passed on that fun looking gravy boat. Gluten free, vegan, dairy free and packed with fresh herbs to spice it up! Sooooooo much tastier and healthier than any canned, packaged, fake gravy out there, full of msg, sodium, palm oil and a whole bunch of other nastiness. Over 85% of the population can’t handle gluten found in just about everything these days including our holiday favoruite gravy. Stay posted for lots more to come on gluten-free living and why you might want to consider going gluten-free- like tomorrow!
Ingredients (makes about 3-4 cups)
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup wheat-free tamari
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- pinch of sea salt or to taste
1. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and 3 Tbsp coconut/ oil to a pan. Cook until onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft.
2. In a separate pan, add brown rice flour, the other 3 Tbsp coconut of oil, water, tamari, herbs, sea salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil and mix with a whisk until gravy is thick (about 10 mins).
3. Serve over top you favourite Thanksgiving dish and enjoy!